One Big Book Launch are looking for 10 volunteers for an evening event on 3rd June 2015, at The Free Word Centre, Farringdon - from 6pm-8.30pm. One Big Book Launch aims to harness the power of collaboration to launch the books of 10 emerging authors (which you can find here) It's a unique initiative with 200 readers, publishers and press expected to attend.
Volunteers will need to be on hand that evening to assist each of the ten authors. Duties involve:
- Taking money from book sales and look after the author's float
- Organising queues for book signings at the author's assigned table
- Manning the author's table if they wish to move around the room, and alert them to any potential book sales
- Representing the author and their book when speaking to press and publishing professionals at the event
- Providing help and encouragement to the author when needed
This is particularly suited to anyone who is looking at working with authors in publicity, marketing and events. It's also a great opportunity to meet writers and professionals across the industry at an innovative publishing event.
Volunteers must be:
- Able to handle money
Volunteers are also welcome to join guests at The Betsy Trotwood pub for drinks after.
Please email your interest to Sarah Juckes at firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st May.